Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) (SCPHN) is an area of autonomous, independent clinical practice. The Health Visitor (HV) team currently consists of HVs and Community Nursery Nurses. The post holder will be supporting the HV team to deliver on the Healthy Child Programme through a process of delegation, training under the supervision of experienced mentors and SCPHN’s within your clinical area.
|The successful applicant:
• will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the guidelines of the NMC and Code of Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice and apply these to maintain trust and credibility with patients, carers and colleagues.
• Keep fully up to date with developments within their own professional discipline and maintain an adequate awareness of developments in clinical and nursing practice and will share clinical knowledge and experience.
• Co-ordinate the care for specified individual clients or client groups/families by consistently compiling care plans which meet identified outcome goals resulting in high quality client care The post holder will demonstrate enhanced nursing practice by acquiring knowledge and skills in reading, interpreting and evaluating research to pursue evidence based practice. This will include completion of any essential training relevant to that practice area.
• Deliver on delegated elements of the Healthy Child Programme in designated settings, as well as the client home.
• Record data aligned to key performance indicators for service area.
• Will undertake specific tasks as delegated, complete episodes of care for patients presenting with a variety of health and social care needs in a number of different settings e.g. clients’ home, clinics, early years settings, children’s centres
The ability to work well within a team is essential as the post holder will work collaboratively as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, taking the lead role when appropriate and participate in building team commitment, coherence and spirit.
There may be available, an opportunity for training as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (HV), on island at a future date
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, be adaptable, flexible and willing to work with the changing healthcare environment. Previous community nursing experience is not essential but access to a vehicle, with business insurance, to enable you to undertake the job is essential.
For an informal discussion and further information please contact Michelle Cumming, Operational Lead on 01534 443625
Find Out More
Contact HR for more details
The HR department can be reached by telephone on (01534) 443626 or fill in the form and we will get back to you
Complete the form below.
"*" indicates required fields