Focusing on child safety and accident prevention
Our Child Accident Prevention (CAP) co-ordinator facilitates and delivers projects and education programmes that focus on child safety and accident prevention.
It is our mission to reduce the incidence and impact of accidental injuries to children (aged 0 to 16) in the community and we believe that a co-ordinated approach using local knowledge, expertise and shared resources is the most effective way of looking after our children and young adults.
The alliance currently includes representation from:
- Family Nursing & Home Care (Paediatric Health Visiting, School Nurses)
- Health and Social Services (Accident and Emergency Department, Paramedics, Community Paediatrics)
- Home Affairs (Fire and Rescue, Police and Road Safety)
- Education, Sport and Culture
- Prison! Me! No Way!!
- Public Health
- Jersey Child Care Trust
- Trading Standards Service
- The St John Ambulance Service
- Bosdet Foundation
Our success lies in the representative’s high degree of commitment to child accident prevention, coupled with the support and involvement of their respective senior managers. Please visit www.cap.je to find out more.
For further information please call our Child Accident Prevention co-ordinator on 443614.
“Acceptable Risk” conference aims to look at how we can best prepare children for the risks they will encounter, how to risk assess for themselves and how we feel about those risks.