Family Nursing & Home Care (FNHC) provide expert prenatal and parental care and we support children, young people, families and the members of our community who need healthcare or support in their homes. Our Services range from the Baby Steps programme, Community Children Nursing, School Nursing, District Nursing, Health Visiting, Home Care, Rapid Response and Reablement, Palliative Care and end of life care.
At Family Nursing & Home Care (FNHC) we have developed our own commercial training business; Education 1st. Education 1st builds on our island wide reputation of providing expert prenatal and parental care, supporting children, young people, families and the members of our community who need healthcare or support in their homes. We developed this business to support smaller care organisations to access training at a reasonable cost. Education 1st can provide training to any care provider, to support regulation of care, clinical practice and care. FNHC Education 1st offers a wide range of courses. Bespoke courses can be delivered on request to support individual organisations.
All of the training that is delivered by FNHC is compliant with the new Care Regulations. Courses are easy to access and run throughout the year. This ensures organisations can remain compliant with relevant regulations and can keep their teams up to date. All training packages are delivered by high quality and credible instructors who are fully qualified to teach the topics.
What makes Education 1st different from other training providers is that our instructors are from a wide range of professional backgrounds including Adult Nursing, Specialist Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Health Visiting and Practice development.
View All Training Courses
- Bladder & Bowel Assessment and Management (RGN’s)
- Catheter Best Practice (RGN’s)
- Catheter Care (HCA’s)
- Continence Management
- Continence Matters (HCA’s)
- Digital Rectal Training (RNG’s)
- Emergency First Aid At Work (Level 2)
- Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam
- Extended Feeding Techniques (PEG – Level 3)
- Fire Safety (Level 1)
- First Aid
- First Aid At Work (Level 3)
- First Aid for Mariners (Level 2)
- Food Safety & Hygiene (Level 2)
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Safe Manual Handling – Theory Only (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling Update (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Stoma Care (HCA’s & RGN’s)