Working together to protect Children in Jersey
The Children and Families Hub:
The Children and Families Hub provides information, advice and support for families and young people.
The aim of the Children and Families Hub is make sure you get the right help, at the right time.
The Hub also responds to any safeguarding concerns you may have for a child or young person.
The Hub was formerly known as MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub).
You can find out more here:
- How does MASH work?
- What are the benefits of MASH?
- How can I find out more?
The MASH is the single point of contact for concerned professionals and members of the public. When an enquiry is received, it is assessed and organisations, which are part of the MASH, will be asked to submit any relevant information. A decision is then made about the most appropriate course of action.
- Faster, more coordinated and consistent responses to concerns about vulnerable children and young people.
- Informed decision-making.
- An improved service for the child or young person, with an emphasis on early intervention.
- A straightforward process, offering guidance and support for concerned professionals and members of the public.
- Greater ability to identify potential vulnerability, enabling preventative action to avoid isolation.
The MASH team manager is responsible for the running of MASH and reports directly to the Head of Children’s Social Work, within Children’s Service. The MASH Decision Maker and the Children’s Initial Response Team (CIRT) are employed by the States of Jersey Health and Social Services.
To find out more or to submit an enquiry, please email Enquiries-MASH@gov.je or phone 519000.