Adapting to meet the needs of our patients
At Family Nursing & Home Care, we are fortunate to have a team of fully qualified and dedicated Specialist Nurses who are constantly training and adapting to changes in treatments and practises for a range of serious and common medical problems.
Our Specialist Nursing team have years of practical experience and advanced training in their respective fields. Their specialisms include:
- Tissue Viability and Wound Care
- Continence and Stoma Care
- Palliative Care
Our Specialist Nurses support the delivery of ‘best practice’ through a variety of staff education programmes, direct patient care and ensuring that the correct resources are available. They also monitor the standard of care that patients receive.
For more information please call 443600.
- Who can access the Specialist Nursing services?
- Do I have pay for this service?
- How do I access this service? Will I be referred by a GP or the hospital?
Access to all of our nursing specialisms are provided through our District Nurses, who carry out a nursing assessment of your needs when you are referred to us.
There is no charge for the Specialist Nurses but patients do have to pay for some ‘consumables’ such as dressings and some syringes.
We only accept referrals to our District Nursing team from another professional which could include the following
- Primary Care (GPs, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, Dentists, Optometrists)
- Adult and Older Adult Social Workers
- Hospital anyone, e.g. physios, OTs
- Specialist Community Nurses
- Mental Health Services
- Therapists working in the Community
- Homecare Providers who are on the Approved Provider Framework
- Rapid Response and Reablement Team
- Voluntary and Community Sector organisations
- Residential and Nursing Homes
- Environmental Health
- Public Health