Family Nursing & Home Care (FNHC) is a Jersey Charity. We raise money through donations, fundraising activities and legacies and we are contracted by the Government of Jersey for the provision of services. Our ethos is to help islanders start well, live well and age well.
We are delighted to have been recognised both in Jersey and internationally for our commitment, success and innovation in the fields of health care, training and colleague development.
Kindness is a priority: to our patients, clients, partners and each other. Our nurses and colleagues work with islanders to understand their needs, applying our expertise to deliver the best possible care with dignity at the core of our service. We have the courage to do things differently and strive to provide innovation and new levels of care to the community.
Internal Awards and Recognition
Family Nursing & Home Care (FNHC) recognises and rewards our colleagues who have made substantial contributions to the quality of care provided to clients or have delivered exceptional levels of work performance towards meeting FNHC’s objectives and vision. An exceptional individual from Child & Family, District Nursing, Home Care Support and Corporate Services/Governance & Performance, is chosen to receive an award each year.
William Glasson Award
This award was set up in memory of William Glasson, a young man who kindly assisted Family Nursing & Home Care in the administration area. His parents offer an annual prize, which is awarded to any member of FNHC who is recognised by their fellow workers for one of the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievement;
- Exceptional progress in Education & Development;
- Improved performance in their area of work;
- Making a valuable contribution to FNHC
Each year, colleagues are asked to nominate anyone they feel deserves recognition. A panel consisting of the CEO, a Committee Member, an Education Development Officer and the winner from the previous year judge the nominations.
- Winner for 2019 – Jo Hanby
- Runner up for 2019 – Catherine Thebault
- Team of the Year Winner 2019 – East Health Visiting Team
- Team of the Year Runner Up 2019 – School Nursing Team
- 2019 Support Staff Joint Winners – Tara Hamilton and Yasmin Hind
- Excellence in Customer Care joint Winners – Mike Durance and Monica Pinel
- Excellence in Customer Care joint Runners up – Nicky Le Conte and Polly Axford
- Winner for 2020 – Fiona Le Ber
- Runner up for 2020 – Michelle Cumming
- Team of the Year winner 2020 – The Children’s Community Nursing Team
- Team of the Year Runner Up 2020 – The Finance Team
- 2020 Support Staff Winner – Claire Whelan
- 2020 Support Staff Runner Up – Laura Baker
- Excellence in Customer Service Winners 2020 – Carmelita Ornelas, Debora Cardoso and Lidia Freitas
- Excellence in Customer Service Runner Up 2020 – Fiona Le Ber
- Winner for 2021 – Sarah Keating
- Runner up for 2021 – Gilly Glendewar
- Team of the Year winner 2021 – The District Nursing Team
- Team of the Year Runner Up 2021 – The Fundraising and Communications Team
- 2021 Support Staff Winner – Suzanne Kirton
- 2021 Support Staff Runner Up – Laura Baker
- Excellence in Customer Service Winner 2021 – Lyn Vidler
- Excellence in Customer Service Runners Up 2021 – Teri O’Connor and Julie Carpenter