What is covered?
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses working in adult social care to enable them to assess and manage a patient’s continence.
By the end of the session learners will be able to understand:
- The definitions and causes of causes of urinary and bowel dysfunction
- Assessment of bladder and bowel function
- The role of pharmacology and prescribing to manage bladder and bowel dysfunction
- The role of infection prevention control and care of the environment when undertaking bowel assessment / management
- The role of containment products and other continence devices
- Information relating to provision of continence products
"*" indicates required fields