What is covered?
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses working in adult social care to discuss the Safe and Efficient practice of Urethral / Suprapubic Catheterisation.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of Bladder and Urethra
- Demonstrate how to insert and secure urethral and supra pubic catheters
- Understand managing urethral catheters
- Understand managing supra pubic catheters
- Identify potential contraindication and complication with all the types of catheterisations and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Review catheter care and education for patients
- Understand use of the continence formulary
- Understand medication and catheterisation
- Have an awareness of automic dysreflexia
- Understand the procedure for taking a Catheter Specimen of Urine
- Understand infection Prevention & Control relating to Catheters
"*" indicates required fields