What is covered?
This course is aimed at Health Care Assistants (HCA’s) working in adult social care, to promote continence and assist patients who are incontinent.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Describe what is Urinary Incontinence / Faecal Incontinence and who is affected
- Identify different types of urinary incontinence
- Recognise factors that can contribute to incontinence
- Identify signs and symptoms of a urinary tract infection
- Apply continence products effectively and have a knowledge of different continence products.