What is covered?
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses and Health Care Assistants working in adult social care with the aim to enable staff to be confident in assessing and assisting patients who have a Stoma.
By the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Discuss why a Stoma is formed.
- Describe different types of Stoma.
- Explain which stoma appliance when.
- Understand causes of complications and use of accessories
- Measure a stoma correctly and apply a stoma bag
"*" indicates required fields
View more training courses
- Continence Management
- Bladder & Bowel Assessment and Management (RGN’s)
- Catheter Best Practice (RGN’s)
- Catheter Care (HCA’s)
- Continence Matters (HCA’s)
- Digital Rectal Training (RNG’s)
- Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam
- Extended Feeding Techniques (PEG – Level 3)
- Fire Safety (Level 1)
- First Aid
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- First Aid Essentials
- Food Safety & Hygiene (Level 2)
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Safe Manual Handling
- Safe Manual Handling – Theory Only (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling Update (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Stoma Care (HCA’s & RGN’s)