What is covered?
Our Infection Prevention and Control course features up to date information and is evidenced based.
Education 1st ensures that the session is bespoke to community care and enables discussion around the specific challenges faced in community settings and how to avoid and/or overcome them.
Upon completion a certificate which is valid for 3 years will be presented.
- The chain of infection
- Hand Hygiene
- Standard Precautions
- Management of needle stick and inoculation injuries
- How to seek advice on Infection Control issues
- Other issues such as alert organisms and surveillance are
- addressed as appropriate e.g. Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Clostridium Difficile Associated Disease (CDAD), Influenza, Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase (E.S.B.L.s) and Carbapenamase.
"*" indicates required fields
View more training courses
- Continence Management
- Bladder & Bowel Assessment and Management (RGN’s)
- Catheter Best Practice (RGN’s)
- Catheter Care (HCA’s)
- Continence Matters (HCA’s)
- Digital Rectal Training (RNG’s)
- Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam
- Extended Feeding Techniques (PEG – Level 3)
- Fire Safety (Level 1)
- First Aid
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- First Aid Essentials
- Food Safety & Hygiene (Level 2)
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Safe Manual Handling
- Safe Manual Handling – Theory Only (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Safe Manual Handling Update (HCA’s & RGN’s)
- Stoma Care (HCA’s & RGN’s)